GENERAL LIBRARY RULES
1. The Library remains open from 10.30 AM to 4.30 PM (Monday to Friday) and 10.30 AM to 01:30 PM (Saturday) throughout the year except holidays. Reading Room of the library remains open for college hours on all working days.
2. Library remains closed on holidays.
3. Use of the library is strictly reserved for readers possessing a library card and College Identity card.
4. Every person who enters the library will sign the visitor’s register.
5. Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the cards of other readers.
7. Issue of books in demand may not be renewed.
8. The library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before its due date.
9.Material such as rare books, reference books, and other books marked for consultation shall not be issued.
10.Lost of book/library card, should be reported immediately in writing to the Librarian.
12. Marking and defacing of books/journals is forbidden.
13. Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the books before borrowing, otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage noticed at the time of return.
14. Users are advised not to issue Books to others on their names.
15. Smoking, eatables and drinks are not allowed inside the library.
16. Mobile phones are to be switched off, or kept on silent mode, inside the library premises.
17. All readers are required to maintain discipline/silence in the library.
18. Library staff will not be responsible for readers’ personal books and holdings.
19. Outsiders may use library facilities on the recommendation of Principal of the college.
20. Books are issued for 15 days. If not returned by due date, fine as per rules will be charged.
21. Books lost or destroyed shall have to be paid for or replaced by the borrower (same or latest edition or actual cost of the book as per library records) to the satisfaction of the Librarian.
23. “Library Clearance” certificate will be given from library only after the library books are returned after completion of course.
24. The theft or abuse of Library resources like books, journal issues, and dissertations will be viewed very seriously. Each case will be examined to ascertain its genuineness and the matter will be reported to the Principal.
USE OF COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS
1. Library computer can be used for academic purposes only.
2. Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against defaulters.
3. Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
4. Changing the settings and display of computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
5. Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
6. Personal keyboard, mouse and other peripherals are not allowed inside the Library.
7. Students must take care of their pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets.
1. The right to use General Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for bonafide members of Central Library, Santipur college .
2. Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance.
3. Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.4. Seats are to be used/ occupied on first come first served basis.
Copyright © 2018 Santipur College All Rights Reserved